Aortic & Vascular Center at Sisters
The ability of blood vessels to do their job properly keeps blood circulating through our bodies. In short, this gives us life – which is why it can be concerning for a patient when a vascular condition occurs.
Our team of board certified physicians and specialist nurses in the Aortic and Vascular Center at Sisters of Charity Hospital are dedicated to finding the right way to care for each individual patient. A commitment to making advances in vascular medicine helps us ensure the best possible outcome, every time.
Why Choose Sisters for Vascular Care?
Within the walls of the Aortic & Vascular Center at Sisters, we're guided by what's best for the patient. We offer every available treatment – from the most complex to those that can be treated medically – but what sets us apart is the expertise of our vascular physicians and nurses. It's the team's deep experience, training, and commitment that makes a difference to our patients.
Our team-based, multi-disciplinary approach also means you get the attention you need and peace of mind knowing that we can coordinate your treatment with your other physicians.
First in the Region
Being first matters. A passion for innovation has allowed the Aortic & Vascular Center at Sisters to define success for vascular care providers in our area. From the quality and safety of our facilities to advanced treatment options, we were the first Aortic & Vascular Center in Western New York to:
- Have a vascular lab accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Testing Laboratories (IAC – Vascular), which certifies the quality of our vascular diagnostic testing
- Join the Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI), a national database through the Society of Vascular Surgery, which allows our surgeons to benchmark progress against national data
- Perform an approved trial of abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (AAA) using fenestrated endografts, a life-saving procedure that can be used to treat patients that would otherwise be considered high-risk
Advanced Vascular Care Provided at Sisters Hospital
The experienced vascular surgeons at the Aortic & Vascular Center understand that each patient present their own set of circumstances. Each case of aortic disease is unique, and can possibly become complex. Our team is highly skilled in diagnosing and treating vascular patients with co-existing conditions as well as other high-risk factors:
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Carotid artery disease, including TCAR procedure designed to reduce the risk of stroke during insertion of the stent
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
Our facilities at Sisters include two hybrid operating rooms where surgical teams can perform both endovascular and surgical procedures. Our advanced imaging center ensures a fast, accurate diagnosis. In addition, all vascular surgeons in the Aortic Center have received a Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) certification, which is an achievement in the highest standard of vascular ultrasound interpretation.