Expert Care for Brain and Central Nervous Conditions
If you or a loved one is suffering from a neurologic condition, this means that the brain, spinal cord, and central nervous system may be affected.
The neurologists at Catholic Health are experts in diagnosing and treating neurologic disorders in both children and adults. Our team specializes in the management of common conditions, such as headaches and concussions, as well as more complex disorders, including seizures and strokes.
We understand that a neurologic diagnosis can be scary. Our team is here to answer your questions and provide the support you need.
Stroke Care at Catholic Health
When it comes to stroke, every minute counts. Our neurologists, surgeons, and emergency care teams are prepared to offer advanced stroke care for patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our stroke centers at Catholic Health are recognized as regional hubs for stroke education, prevention, and treatment.
Specialty Neurology at Catholic Health
Whether you are newly diagnosed or living with a condition that affects the nervous system, we partner with you in developing a treatment plan to maintain your health so that you can participate in your regular activities.
At Catholic Health, we offer different levels of care, depending on your specific condition, such as:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Speech and swallowing disorders
Available treatments and therapies include:
- Neuro-rehabilitation helps patients regain cognitive, motor, language, visual, speech and language abilities.
- LSVT therapy is a treatment designed for Parkinson’s patients to help them with debilitating effects of the disease on speech and physical movements.
- Speech and language therapy assists patients who have difficulty swallowing and speaking.
- Occupational therapy works to restore skills, ensure that you can perform activities of daily of living and build strength and range of motion. Occupational therapy helps people with spinal cord injuries, cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy.
- Physical therapy improves the body’s ability to move. It is used to help people after a traumatic injury or stroke, and those with neurologic conditions like Parkinson’s disease.
Need a Referral?
Some health insurance companies require a physician referral for neurology services. Please check with your insurance carrier before making an appointment.