Expert Care for Brain and Central Nervous Conditions
When you or a loved one experience a neurologic condition, the brain, spinal cord and central nervous system may be affected.
The neurologists at Catholic Health are experts in diagnosing and treating neurologic disorders in children and adults. Our team manages common conditions, such as headaches and concussions, and more complex disorders, including seizures and strokes.
We understand that a neurologic diagnosis can be scary. Our team is here to answer your questions and provide the support you need.
Stroke Care at Catholic Health
Every minute counts when it comes to stroke. Our neurologists and emergency care teams are prepared 24 hours a day, seven days a week to treat anyone showing the signs of a stroke. Our stroke services are recognized for providing the highest level of stroke and stroke prevention care.
We diagnose and treat stroke patients as quickly as possible to prevent loss of function.
Specialty Neurology Care at Catholic Health
Whether you are newly diagnosed or living with a condition that affects the nervous system, we partner with you in developing a treatment plan to maintain your health so that you can participate in your regular activities.
At Catholic Health, we offer different levels of care, depending on your specific condition, such as:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Speech and swallowing disorders
Available treatments and therapies include:
- Neuro-rehabilitation helps patients regain cognitive, motor, language, visual, speech and language abilities.
- LSVT therapy is a treatment designed for Parkinson’s patients to help them with debilitating effects of the disease on speech and physical movements.
- Speech and language therapy assists patients who have difficulty swallowing and speaking.
- Occupational therapy works to restore skills, ensure that you can perform activities of daily of living and build strength and range of motion. Occupational therapy helps people with spinal cord injuries, cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy.
- Physical therapy improves the body’s ability to move. It is used to help people after a traumatic injury or stroke, and those with neurologic conditions like Parkinson’s disease.
Need a Referral?
Some health insurance companies require a physician referral for neurology services. Please check with your insurance carrier before making an appointment.