Few things in life are more important than our cardiovascular health. At Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, our cardiac and vascular programs are centered on finding the right way to care for each individual. Putting the patient first is what sets us apart – guiding our commitment to providing exceptional, advanced care.
The skilled physicians and surgeons in the Heart Center at Mercy offer you comprehensive care and treatment for the full range of heart and vascular conditions, from the most complex to those that can be treated medically.
Treatments Provided by the Heart Center at Mercy Hospital
- Cardiac and vascular diagnostic testing
- Cardiac implants
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Treatment of carotid artery disease
- Interventional procedures for blocked arteries and veins
- Valve replacement surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous close for PFO in stroke patients
- Electrophysiology (EP) Services
- ECMO Program
Why Choose Mercy Hospital for Heart and Vascular Care?
With us, the patient always comes first. Not all diagnoses require surgery, but when they do, our multi-disciplinary team of cardiac and vascular surgeons will take the time to discuss your options with you. Our expertise in providing care for the full range of cardiovascular conditions helps us ensure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
A Regional Leader in Cardiac Surgery and Valve Repair
The experienced cardiac and vascular surgeons at Mercy are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. As a team we are:
- Designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care for quality care. This program recognizes hospitals across the country that have a proven track record for delivering better patient outcomes, including fewer complications and readmissions.
- Earned a Top 3-star rating for heart bypass surgery and aortic valve replacement surgery from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) (July 2019-June 2022)
- Named a High Performing Hospital for Heart Attack Care by U.S. News & World Report for the reporting period 2022-23
- Presented the highest Gold Quality Achievement Awards for Heart Attack Care and Stroke Care by the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Get With the Guidelines program
- The first center in Western New York to perform the procedure for PFO closure, an active response to high risk of stroke
State-of-the-art operating suites and catheterization labs provide our physicians and surgeons with the tools and latest technology to deliver the highest quality care to our patients. In addition, Catholic Health’s outpatient rehabilitation services that help patients with management of their condition and post-hospital recovery are conveniently located throughout the Western New York region.