Few things in life are more important than our cardiovascular health. At Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, our cardiac and vascular programs are centered on finding the right way to care for each individual. Putting the patient first is what sets us apart – guiding our commitment to providing exceptional, advanced care.
The skilled physicians and surgeons at Mercy offer you comprehensive care and treatment for the full range of heart and vascular conditions, from the most complex to those that can be treated medically.
Treatments Provided at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Cardiac and vascular diagnostic testing
- Cardiac implants
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Treatment of carotid artery disease
- Interventional procedures for blocked arteries and veins
- Valve replacement surgery
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous close for PFO in stroke patients
Why Choose Mercy Hospital for Heart and Vascular Care?
With us, the patient always comes first. Not all diagnoses require surgery, but when they do, our multi-disciplinary team of cardiac and vascular surgeons will take the time to discuss your options with you. Our expertise in providing care for the full range of cardiovascular conditions helps us ensure the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
A Regional Leader in Cardiac Surgery and Valve Repair
The experienced cardiac and vascular surgeons at Mercy are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. As a team we are:
- Designated by Blue Cross Blue Shield as a Blue Distinction Center+ for providing a full range of cardiac services while demonstrating better quality care and improved patient outcomes
- Ranked within the top 1% nationally by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) for treatment of acute heart attacks
- Rated three stars (the highest award in this system) from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for patient care and outcomes in coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Named a high-performing hospital for heart bypass surgery by U.S. News & World Report for the reporting period 2017-2018
- The first center in Western New York to adapt and perform the procedure for PFO closure, an active response to high risk of stroke
Recently renovated operating suites and catheterization labs allow our physicians to keep their focus on providing the patient with high quality care. Outpatient rehabilitation is located on-site at Mercy, staffed by rehab experts that help patients learn how to manage their condition and recovery. Additional Catholic Health rehab locations can be found throughout the Western New York region, for your convenience during recovery.