In an effort to provide you with the emotional support you need, Catholic Health is offering virtual peer-to-peer group sessions to help our associates share their experiences and how they might be affecting them, their families, loved ones or co-workers. We want everyone at Catholic Health to know that they will never walk alone.
These 45-minute sessions, facilitated by the specialized counselors listed below, begin Monday and will be held on a week-to-week basis via Webex. They can be individual basis or small group sessions within specific departments, units or facilities. Discussions are based on the three R’s: Recognize, Respond, and Refer, using the following principles:
- Listen to understand
- Speak from the heart
- Suspend judgment
- Hold space for differences
- Slow down the conversation
- Vegas rules apply: Confidentiality is key. What happens here, stays here. This is a safe place for everyone
Peer-to-Peer Support Group Calendar
To gain access, please download Webex: https://www.webex.com.
An online mental health and emotional well-being platform, CredibleMind gives access to evidence-based resources to support resiliency. CredibleMind is focused on prevention and early intervention. The self-care platform is available 24/7, with unlimited users and usage, to engage caregivers with a broad range of topics, providing learning and artificial intelligence tools to continuously curate and rate resources. Objectives are to help caregivers thrive mentally, physically, and spiritually through broad and deep reach to evidence-based approaches to actionable, high-quality resources: chsbuffalo.crediblemind.com.
Unless the price is noted, all apps listed below are free for download on both Apple App Store and Google Play. Do be advised that some of the apps offer additional in-app purchases.
Catholic Health has a diverse team of Chaplains, Specialized Counselors/Coaches, and “Listening Hearts”. These are trained professionals in pastoral care, grief counseling, crisis management, critical incident stress debriefing, trauma-informed care, mental health and/or substance abuse. They are available in person or by phone, for individuals or teams. They are prepared to offer group listening/processing, meditation sessions, prayer services, and workshops on coping, grief and loss, solution-focused and trauma care, etc. Contact Spiritual Care at:
- ARTC: (716) 706-2049
- Home & Community Based Care: (716) 706-2049
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital: (716) 447-6191
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo: (716) 828-2090
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital: (716) 298-2759
- Sisters of Charity Hospital: (716) 862-1670 or call Switchboard to connect (716) 862-1000
- St. Joseph Campus: (716) 891-2546 or call Switchboard to connect (716) 891-2400
- St. Joseph Post-Acute Center: (716) 292-1118
eviCore Employee Assistance Program is a benefit provided by Catholic Health to help you address stressful situations by providing online seminars, telephonic stress management and telephonic counseling. EAP is free of charge and offers you easy access to confidential assistance and ongoing support for any personal or professional problem you may be experiencing, including grief and loss, marital/relationship issues, emotional stress, co-worker conflict, communication issues, drug and alcohol abuse, anger management, workplace performance, legal/financial education. Connect to eviCore at (716) 712-2777 or http://www.palladianeap.com/ (login: EAP)
STAR/Pathways programs provide outpatient mental health and addiction assessment, referral and treatment services in Buffalo, Amherst and Rochester. Counseling is offered for individuals and families. Medication-assisted treatment is also available. There is no co-pay for associates and family members enrolled in Catholic Health medical coverage. Our team is compassionate and respects your privacy. Call 862-2059 or 893-9350 for more information or to book an appointment.
Through the Helping Hands Fund, associates support one another. Funded by associate donations with support from Catholic Health, Helping Hands assists associates in times of significant financial hardship or crisis. All associates are eligible for financial assistance after six months of employment. Support is given based on need and depends on the funds available. Please contact the Vice President, Mission Integration, at one of the below numbers or click here: https://my.chsbuffalo.org/mission/helping-hands-fund for information on how to apply or contribute.
- ARTC: Br. Felipe Martinez (716) 706-2049
- Home & Community Based Care: Br. Felipe Martinez (716) 706-2049
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital: William Vaughan (716) 828-2190
- Mercy Hospital of Buffalo: William Vaughan (716) 828-2190
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital: Bernadette Franjoine (716) 298-2198
- Sisters of Charity Hospital and St. Joseph Campus: Esther Sanborn (716) 862-1905
- St. Joseph Post-Acute Center: Br. Felipe Martinez (716) 706-2049
The Catholic Health Intranet can be accessed from home with your AD username and password (the same username and password that you use to login to your work computer)
- Crisis Services 24-hour Hotline for crisis counseling, suicide prevention, support, information and referral: (716) 834-3131 or http://crisisservices.org/ (in Niagara County (716) 285-3515)
- Horizons Health Services no-cost virtual mental health and addiction counseling for Catholic Health associates and their dependents: (716) 831-1800 or https://www.horizon-health.org/
- Jewish Family Services counseling, telehealth, immigrant and refugee services: (716) 883-1914 or https://www.jfsbuffalo.org/
- Catholic Charities counseling, psychiatric and social work services, emergency assistance, and other supportive services: (716) 895-1033 or https://www.ccwny.org/services/monsignor-carr-clinics
- Family Justice Center provides free services for victims of domestic violence and their children: (716) 558-7233 or https://www.fjcsafe.org/
- 211 WNY free and confidential 24/7 link to health and human services, including financial help for those affected by the COVID crisis: call 211 or http://www.211wny.org
- Child Care Resource Network offers help finding child care https://wnychildren.org/families
- Virtual Learning Support Centers provide supervised support on remote learning days https://www2.erie.gov/socialservices/index.php?q=virtual-learning-support-center-resource-page