- Learning contract negotiated with Certified Educator
- At least 400 hours of combined ministry and participation in supervised group process
- Recording and evaluation of ministry
- Reflection on ministry with peers and Certified Educator
- Individual supervisory conferences
- Final written self-evaluation
- Final written evaluation by Certified Educator
One unit of CPE is equal to a minimum of 400 hours.
Several part-time CPE unit opportunities are available during the year.
Residency Programs extend for one year from January - January.
Please see our CPE Program Calendar for program dates.
Certification as a Chaplain requires 4 units of CPE, a Masters Degree in Theological Studies and meeting with one of the national committees:
- The National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC)
- The Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- The Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education (CAPPE)
- The National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC)