Apply to Become a Volunteer
- Adult volunteer application (ages 18+)
- High School Community Service/Internship - The 2019 Summer Volunteer application will be available in February.
Working side by side with the professional staff at Catholic Health, our volunteers give their time and talents in nearly every area of the hospital.
- Volunteering can give you personal satisfaction to know that you are doing kind acts for others.
- It is a chance to put past experience and skills to work for a charitable cause.
- It is an opportunity to learn and participate in the activities of a hospital environment, helping you to achieve future career or academic goals.
Who Can Volunteer?
Volunteer opportunities are available to both individuals and groups at all of our Catholic Health Ministries. Please contact Heide Cornell, CAVS, Director, Volunteer Services at (716) 319-8405 to see how and where you can help!
How to Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer at any Catholic Health location, you will be required to complete all the steps in the application process:
- Apply: Complete and submit an application (see links above).
- Interview: An associate will contact you to schedule an interview, discuss your desired or available positions and review medical requirements.
- Medical Requirements: You will be asked to complete medical requirements as mandated by the New York State department of health, including proof of a physical exam, proof of immunizations (if born after 1958), a Tuberculosis Test or PPD, and complete influenza (flu) vaccine requirements. The Volunteer Director will provide you with the necessary forms to complete.
- New Volunteer Orientation: You will be directed at your interview where and when to report for orientation.
Volunteer Information Center
Login to our Volunteer Information Center to check on the status of your application.
Current volunteers can receive messages; review requirements; download education packets, medical and parking request forms; and review or adjust your service hours.