Getting to the right level of care quickly when you are suffering from symptoms of stroke increases your likelihood for a full recovery. Time lost is brain lost. If you are in the Northtowns, Kenmore Mercy Hospital can provide you comprehensive, compassionate stroke care.
Kenmore Mercy Hospital is a New York State designated Stroke Center and is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. A Primary Stroke Center certification means our patients receive:
- Improved quality of care
- A higher standard of service
- Advanced-imaging capabilities
- A dedicated stroke inpatient unit
- Stroke prevention education
As a part of the network of Stroke Centers of Catholic Health, our team will make sure you get to the right level of care, quickly. With our network of Stroke Centers, we can provide stroke care close to your home, family, and primary care physician; or transfer you to our Comprehensive Stroke Center if you need more advanced care.
Our team provides a comprehensive approach to stroke care before, during and after suffering a stroke, through preventive, emergency and rehabilitative care.
Know the Symptoms of Stroke
Call 911 immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Weakness, numbness, or paralysis of the arms or legs, especially on one side of the body
- Inability to hold arm upward
- Facial droop, inability to smile
- Un-explainable worst headache of life, light is bothersome, neck stiffness
- Severe dizziness, loss of balance
- Loss of normal vision
- Confusion and problems with speech – can’t think of a word, can’t say a word
Inpatient Stroke Care
We are committed to providing a compassionate, individualized approach to stroke care that begins as soon as you enter our Emergency Room and continues through your inpatient stay and rehabilitation. Our stroke patients are cared for in a dedicated stroke unit with a dedicated team to help improves your outcome and decreases complications and the amount of time you spend in the hospital.
During your stay, neurologists, neurosurgeons, nurses with advanced training in stroke care, and a medical team containing experts in stroke treatment and complications, including physical and occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists and rehabilitation specialists all work together so you can have the best possible recovery.
Why Choose Kenmore Mercy Hospital for Stroke Care?
At Kenmore Mercy Hospital, we ensure you are receiving the best in stroke care offering you:
- New York State designated Stroke Center
- Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center
- Skilled physicians providing you triage for acute strokes
- 24 hours-a-day access to neurosurgery and neurologists trained to diagnose and treat ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Comprehensive stroke therapy services and after stroke care/therapy
From newly designed operating suites to outpatient rehabilitation facilities, Kenmore Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing world-class care to all of our patients at the area’s best stroke care facilities. Our facilities include:
- State-of-the-art operating suites
- A designated inpatient unit for stroke patients with specially-trained nurses and staff
- Sub-acute rehabilitation for patients not yet ready to return home
- Outpatient rehabilitation facilities