Erie County Locations
- 515 Abbott Road, Suite 206, Buffalo, NY 14220
- 397 Louisiana Street, Buffalo, NY 14204
- 2121 Main Street, Suite 115, Buffalo, NY 14214
- 1500 Broadway Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14212
- 2780 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217
- 2914 Elmwood Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217
- 2950 Elmwood Avenue, Kenmore, NY 14217
Niagara County Locations
Blood Testing FAQs
Why did my doctor order a blood test?
A blood test can tell your doctor many things about your health. Your doctor may use your blood test results to:
- Assess how well your blood clots
- Check how well a condition is responding to treatment
- Diagnose a disease
- Evaluate how well your organs are working
- Look for risk factors for certain medical conditions
How do I prepare for my blood test?
Most blood tests do not require any special preparation. However, some blood tests require you to fast (not eat) beforehand for a certain amount of time. Your doctor will let you know if you need to fast before your test and for how long.
When will my doctor receive my lab test results?
Most lab test results are available within 24 hours. These are automatically sent to your physician electronically or by autofax.
Home Blood Draw Program
Catholic Health offers home blood draw services for patients who qualify for homebound patient plans. Have your physician contact an outreach staff member at (716) 862-1142 during office hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.