Two to four weeks before surgery, you should attend a pre-operative class at the hospital. You will learn:
- how to prepare for surgery
- pre-operative exercises
- precautions to take after surgery
- how to manage discomfort after surgery and what to expect during your recovery
Classes are held on every Wednesday with both afternoon evening classes are available. To view upcoming classes click here.
How to Register for Class
Our hospital staff will call you after your surgery is scheduled to make an appointment for class. You may also reach them directly at (716) 891-2163.
To minimize your visits to the hospital, you may schedule your pre-op testing on the same day as your pre-operative class. Please let the pre-admissions department know of your preference when they contact you.
We ask that you please review the attachments prior to your surgery.
- Orthopedic Class Registration Form (Word)
- Hibiclens Guide to General Skin Cleansing At Home (PDF)
- Pre-Surgery Hibiclens Showers (PDF)
- Home Safety Preparation for Total Joints (PDF)
- Catholic Health Outpatient Rehab Locations (PDF)
- Equipment - Lion Club Chapters Loan Closets (PDF)
Need a Refresher?
If you have attended class and would like a refresher on what you learned, click here to download.