On this page:
- Visiting Policy
- Flower Deliveries
- Gift Shop
- Internet Access
- Food Options
- Patient Representative
Updated September 26, 2022.
To protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in effect:
- Up to two visitors per patient will be permitted to visit at a time;
- Visitors must be age 18 and older;
- Visiting hours are for inpatients only from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. daily;
- All visitors must self-screen for symptoms related to COVID-19 or other transmittable illnesses prior to their arrival and must comply with other infection control protocols;
- Emergency Department and surgical patients continue to be permitted one support person accompany them to the hospital with certain limitations;
- Visitation for patients who are positive for COVID-19 and/or under COVID-19 precautions remains limited due to infection control precautions, but can be permitted for exceptions such as end-of-life care or patients with special needs. Virtual visitation continues to be available when in-person visitation cannot be conducted in a safe manner;
- Visitation is restricted for individuals who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the current recommended CDC isolation criteria, have reported exposure to or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 during the prior 10 days, have a temperature equal to or greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, or are exhibiting symptoms of an illness that could be transferred to patients.
- Exceptions may be made to these guidelines for extenuating circumstances, such end-of-life visits or for patients with special needs (children, disabled individuals, or those with cognitive impairments).
Contacting a Patient in the Hospital
If you need to contact a patient in the hospital and cannot visit, you can be connected to their room phone by calling (716) 447-6100.
Visiting hours and policies are subject to change depending on current public health conditions and regulatory guidance. New York State continues to require masks in hospitals and other healthcare settings.
Please let a member of our care team know if you have any additional questions. These guidelines are in place for everyone’s safety.
We reserve the right to alter them or make exceptions at the discretion of our care team. Visitors who do not comply, will be asked to leave.
Visitors will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Visitor Photo Pass
Kenmore Mercy Hospital uses a visit management system that includes photographic identification for our visitors. Please have your driver's license or state issued identification ready when you enter the facility so that we can print an adhesive visitor pass for you.
This pass will display the visitor's photograph, hospital destination, and the date the pass was issued.
We appreciate your cooperation in making our hospital a safer, more secure place for our patients, families, and caregivers.
There is no cost to park at Kenmore Mercy Hospital.
Valet parking is available for $3 and operates Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Service not available on holidays.
All local florists deliver to Kenmore Mercy Hospital. If you are ordering flowers for a patient, it is not necessary to include the room number, as the florist will stop at the front desk to confirm the recipient's name and room number before the delivery is made.
The Willow Tree Gift Shop, staffed by Kenmore Mercy Hospital Auxiliary volunteers, is located near the main entrance. The shop carries fresh flower arrangements, cards, magazines, toiletries, jewelry, candy, clothing, fashion accessories and a variety of gifts.
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Please note that our gift shop hours may vary based on volunteer availability. Please call (716) 447-6181 prior to your visit to confirm that the gift shop is open.
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital. To begin using this service, open your wireless connection utility, scan available networks and connect to "Catholic Health Visitor."
The Food & Nutrition Department will make meals available to relatives and friends of hospitalized patients. A guest tray voucher (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) may be purchased in the cafeteria during regular business hours and then can be ordered by calling the call center. There is a $6.00 charge per tray, which includes your choice of an entrée, side salad, dessert and beverage.
The cafeteria offers a variety of hot foods, sandwiches, pizza, a salad bar, desserts, ice cream, snacks, and beverages for dining in or take out.
We accept all Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit and debit cards.
The cafeteria is located on the ground floor.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. – Hot breakfast
- 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Soup, salad bar, pizza, and grill and steam table items
Tim Hortons is located in the hospital lobby and is open daily from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the week and 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the weekends.
Vending areas are located on the first floor in the Emergency Room waiting area and in the Cafeteria and are available 24 hours-a-day.
If you have any concerns about hospital policies, procedures, or personnel, or if anything occurs during your visit which you would like to share with someone, please ask to see the patient representative or call (716) 447-6914.
For those who would like to discuss concerns about a recent visit and are no longer in the hospital, please call (716) 923-1885.
Please note that as of January 1, 2008, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Kenmore Mercy campus and its off-site locations, including the Kenmore Mercy Hospital Medical Office Building, McAuley Residence, and the 300 Two Mile Creek Road Building. The new smoke-free policy includes all grounds, parking lots, adjacent sidewalks and private vehicles.