On this page:
- Visiting Policy
- Flower Deliveries
- Gift Shop
- Internet Access
- Food Options
- Patient Representative
To protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in effect:
- All visitors must complete and bring a copy of the Catholic Health Visitor Form.
- Visiting hours are for inpatients only from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m daily.
- Patients are limited to one visitor at a time.
- If you have recently traveled from one of the states listed by the New York State Department of Health Travel Advisory, visitation may be restricted.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink into the hospital.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Patients are encouraged to have no more than two visitors per day.
- Visitors will be required to complete a health screening (questions and temperature check).
- Visitors will be provided with a mask and screening sticker that must be worn at all times.
- Visitors must clean their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering a patient’s room and when leaving.
- Visitors must practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart) in all locations, including patient rooms.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room during their visit and are not allowed in other public areas of the hospital, including the cafeteria, Tim Hortons, and waiting rooms. Arrangements for escorted chapel visitation may be made within the nursing unit.
- Visitors may only use the public restrooms on the first floor of the hospital.
- Clinical staff may request that a visitor leave the room if care cannot be safely provided while they are present.
- Visitors must provide their name, contact information and the name of the patient they are visiting upon arrival.
- Visitation is not permitted for patients receiving care on a restricted COVID unit, subject to end-of-life exceptions. Virtual visits are available for patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Individuals are not permitted visitation if they have an active COVID-19 diagnosis; are under investigation for COVID-19; have been in contact with a person actively infected with COVID-19 within 10 days; are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms; or are otherwise under quarantine for any reasons relating to New York State COVID-related advisories.
We reserve the right to alter or make exceptions to these guidelines at the discretion of our care team.
Visitors who do not comply, will be asked to leave.
There is no cost to park at Kenmore Mercy Hospital.
Valet parking is available for $3 and operates Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Service not available on holidays.
All local florists deliver to Kenmore Mercy Hospital. If you are ordering flowers for a patient, it is not necessary to include the room number, as the florist will stop at the front desk to confirm the recipient's name and room number before the delivery is made.
The Willow Tree Gift Shop, staffed by Kenmore Mercy Hospital Auxiliary volunteers, is located near the main entrance. The shop carries fresh flower arrangements, cards, magazines, toiletries, jewelry, candy, clothing, fashion accessories and a variety of gifts.
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Please note that our gift shop hours may vary based on volunteer availability. Please call (716) 447-6181 prior to your visit to confirm that the gift shop is open.
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital. To begin using this service, open your wireless connection utility, scan available networks and connect to "Catholic Health Visitor."
The Food & Nutrition Department will make meals available to relatives and friends of hospitalized patients. A guest tray voucher (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) may be purchased in the cafeteria during regular business hours and then can be ordered by calling the call center. There is a $6.00 charge per tray, which includes your choice of an entrée, side salad, dessert and beverage.
The cafeteria offers a variety of hot foods, sandwiches, pizza, a salad bar, desserts, ice cream, snacks, and beverages for dining in or take out.
We accept all Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit and debit cards.
The cafeteria is located on the ground floor.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. – Hot breakfast
- 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Soup, salad bar, pizza, and grill and steam table items
Tim Hortons is located in the hospital lobby and is open daily from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the week and 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the weekends.
Vending areas are located on the first floor in the Emergency Room waiting area and in the Cafeteria and are available 24 hours-a-day.
If you have any concerns about hospital policies, procedures, or personnel, or if anything occurs during your visit which you would like to share with someone, please ask to see the patient representative or call (716) 447-6914.
For those who would like to discuss concerns about a recent visit and are no longer in the hospital, please call (716) 923-1885.
Please note that as of January 1, 2008, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Kenmore Mercy campus and its off-site locations, including the Kenmore Mercy Hospital Medical Office Building, McAuley Residence, and the 300 Two Mile Creek Road Building. The new smoke-free policy includes all grounds, parking lots, adjacent sidewalks and private vehicles.