On this page:
- Visiting Policy
- Flower Deliveries
- Gift Shop
- Internet Access
- Food Options
- Patient Representative
To protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in effect:
- All visitors must complete and bring a copy of the Catholic Health Visitor Form.
- Only two visitors per patient will be permitted to visit at a time;
- Visitors must be age twelve and older, and those under the age of fourteen must be accompanied by an adult;
- Visiting hours are for inpatients only from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m daily;
- Maternity patients are permitted two visitors during their stay;
- All visitors will be required to complete a health screening (questions and temperature check), wear a face mask at all times, clean their hands with soap/water/hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving a patient room, and practice social distancing throughout the visit;
- Emergency department patients may be accompanied by a visitor in the treatment room for a designated period of time based on the care team’s judgment;
- Visitation is not permitted for patients receiving care on a restricted COVID unit, subject to end-of-life exceptions. Virtual visits are available for patients diagnosed with COVID-19;
- Individuals are not permitted visitation if they have an active COVID-19 diagnosis; are under investigation for COVID-19; have been in contact with a person actively infected with COVID-19 within 10 days; are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms; or are otherwise under quarantine for any reasons relating to New York State COVID-related advisories.
- Exceptions may be made to these guidelines for extenuating circumstances, such end-of-life visits or for patients with special needs (children, disabled individuals or those with cognitive impairments).
We reserve the right to alter or make exceptions to these guidelines at the discretion of our care team.
Visitors who do not comply, will be asked to leave.
Visitor Photo Pass
Kenmore Mercy Hospital uses a visit management system that includes photographic identification for our visitors. Please have your driver's license or state issued identification ready when you enter the facility so that we can print an adhesive visitor pass for you.
This pass will display the visitor's photograph, hospital destination, and the date the pass was issued.
We appreciate your cooperation in making our hospital a safer, more secure place for our patients, families, and caregivers.
There is no cost to park at Kenmore Mercy Hospital.
Valet parking is available for $3 and operates Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Service not available on holidays.
All local florists deliver to Kenmore Mercy Hospital. If you are ordering flowers for a patient, it is not necessary to include the room number, as the florist will stop at the front desk to confirm the recipient's name and room number before the delivery is made.
The Willow Tree Gift Shop, staffed by Kenmore Mercy Hospital Auxiliary volunteers, is located near the main entrance. The shop carries fresh flower arrangements, cards, magazines, toiletries, jewelry, candy, clothing, fashion accessories and a variety of gifts.
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Please note that our gift shop hours may vary based on volunteer availability. Please call (716) 447-6181 prior to your visit to confirm that the gift shop is open.
Free wireless internet access is available throughout the hospital. To begin using this service, open your wireless connection utility, scan available networks and connect to "Catholic Health Visitor."
The Food & Nutrition Department will make meals available to relatives and friends of hospitalized patients. A guest tray voucher (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) may be purchased in the cafeteria during regular business hours and then can be ordered by calling the call center. There is a $6.00 charge per tray, which includes your choice of an entrée, side salad, dessert and beverage.
The cafeteria offers a variety of hot foods, sandwiches, pizza, a salad bar, desserts, ice cream, snacks, and beverages for dining in or take out.
We accept all Visa, Mastercard, or Discover credit and debit cards.
The cafeteria is located on the ground floor.
7 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday - Friday
- 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. – Hot breakfast
- 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Soup, salad bar, pizza, and grill and steam table items
Tim Hortons is located in the hospital lobby and is open daily from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the week and 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the weekends.
Vending areas are located on the first floor in the Emergency Room waiting area and in the Cafeteria and are available 24 hours-a-day.
If you have any concerns about hospital policies, procedures, or personnel, or if anything occurs during your visit which you would like to share with someone, please ask to see the patient representative or call (716) 447-6914.
For those who would like to discuss concerns about a recent visit and are no longer in the hospital, please call (716) 923-1885.
Please note that as of January 1, 2008, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Kenmore Mercy campus and its off-site locations, including the Kenmore Mercy Hospital Medical Office Building, McAuley Residence, and the 300 Two Mile Creek Road Building. The new smoke-free policy includes all grounds, parking lots, adjacent sidewalks and private vehicles.