Stroke & Neuro-rehabilitation helps patients recovering from a stroke, brain or spinal cord injury, neurological surgery or conditions like Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis that impact their cognition and ability to function independently. We help patients struggling with:
- Cognition (awareness, perception, reasoning and judgment)
- Motor planning and execution (the ability to think through and execute a task)
- Visual perception (sight)
- Speech and language
- Swallowing difficulties or disorders
Our treatment plans include:
- Physical therapy to improve strength, balance, coordination, walking and functional mobility.
- Occupational therapy to complete activities of daily living, including skills required for self-care, work and leisure.
- Speech-language therapy to improve how patients express thoughts, communicate and swallow.
- Home activity program during recovery so that patients are as independent as possible following rehabilitation.
Recovery includes a home activity program so that patients are as independent as possible following rehabilitation.