Stroke & Neuro-rehabilitation help patients recovering from a stroke, brain, or spinal cord injury, neurological surgery, or conditions like Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis that impact cognitive ability. We focus on patients struggling with:
- Cognition (awareness, perception, reasoning, and judgment)
- Motor planning and execution (the ability to think through and execute a task)
- Visual perception (sight)
- Speech and language
- Swallowing difficulties or disorders
Our treatment plans include:
- Physical therapy to improve strength, balance, coordination, walking, and functional mobility.
- Occupational therapy to complete activities of daily living, including skills required for self-care, work, and leisure.
- Speech-language therapy to improve how patients express thoughts, communicate, and swallow.
A home-activity program is also part of recovery, so that patients are as independent as possible following rehabilitation.