Emotional and Spiritual Support for All Faiths
When you are sick, the emotional and spiritual dimensions of your life need healing just as our body does. At Catholic Health, we believe total health is possible only when your body and spirit are considered as one.
Our spiritual care team of professional chaplains and pastoral associates are part of your interdisciplinary health care team. They provide spiritual, emotional and psychological support to you and your family as you move through your illness — regardless of your spirituality or religious tradition.
The chaplains and pastoral associates help you to achieve acceptance, hope, forgiveness, peace and love —qualities that we believe facilitate healing in our lives.
Spiritual Care at Catholic Health
The spiritual care team at Catholic Health is a group of professionals highly trained in this specialized healing ministry. Our chaplains and pastoral associates receive preparation and clinical training to meet the spiritual needs of all patients, families, and health system staff.
Chaplains from many faith traditions provide:
- Sacramental ministry
You may benefit from spiritual care if you:
- Feel depressed or emotionally upset
- Need help coping with a crisis, such as the death of a loved one, diagnosis of a life-threatening illness, or other traumatic experience
- Are preparing for a life change, such as admission into a nursing home
- Have a critical or terminal illness
- Want someone who will listen to your hopes, fears and uncertainties
- Want to experience inner healing, find meaning in life, have someone to pray with or talk about religious concerns
The chaplains at Catholic Health on call 24 hours a day. They are available to be present, to listen, support, and to pray with you and your family as you journey through the healing process.
Spiritual care is provided to all patients, residents, families and employees throughout Catholic Health.
Dealing and living with grief can be overwhelming. At Catholic Health, we provided a variety of classes and programs to help you manage, learn about and navigate issues related to grief, loss or living with a life-threatening condition.
Our services include:
- Catholic Cemeteries Bereavement programs. You can choose from a variety of programs to ensure that you do not grieve alone. All programs are open to anyone in need with no charge. Call Marianne Hubert, Director of Bereavement support at (716) 873-6500.
Request a Prayer
You can fill out a prayer request form.
Anyone in need of spiritual support can request a prayer. By offering a prayer community, the collective result provides a powerful healing source and form of comfort for those experiencing difficulties.
Only our spiritual care staff will receive your information. We do not share personal information publicly.
Catholic Health promotes excellence in its spiritual care ministry by training chaplains through its accredited Clinical Pastoral Education Program.