As a LIFE member, you will access many of our services at the LIFE Center in Lackawanna, located on the campus of the OLV Senior Neighborhood.
How often you visit the center and for how long depends on your personal circumstances and medical needs. Visits typically range from one to five days per week.
The LIFE Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Services at the LIFE Center include:
- Physician services
- Rehabilitation therapies (physical, occupational and speech therapies)
- Social work services that may include re-certification for Medicaid or food stamps, counseling for both members and caregivers, and assistance with living wills and establishing a healthcare proxy
- Spiritual care
- Nutritional services
- Personal care such as showering or bathing
- Recreational and educational activities scheduled throughout the day, in addition to independent activities, such as reading, watching TV or playing cards
- Round-trip transportation to and from the center
- Language Assistance Notice
Our network includes Western New York specialists who provide care at their office locations. They offer:
Outpatient Medical Services
- Medical specialty services, such as cardiology and ophthalmology
- Dental care
- Mental health services
- Eye care, including exams and glasses
- Foot care
- Hearing exams and hearing aids
- Alcohol and substance abuse services
- Diagnostic tests and lab services
Transportation to and from appointments is provided. Aides may accompany patients to their appointments if necessary.
Hospital Inpatient & Emergency Services
Home Health Care
- Nursing, rehabilitation therapies, social work and home health aide and personal care services
- Consumer Directed Services (CDPAS)
- Durable medical equipment and all needed supplies
Nursing Home Services
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Long-term care, if needed
Prescription Drugs (delivered to participants' homes via courier)
Primary care services are provided by the primary care providers at our health clinic. If care is needed in a hospital or from a specialist, members are required to use a physician or hospital in our provider network.
If you are currently receiving care from someone who is not in our network of providers, we will coordinate any changes so that you continue to receive the care you need with our network providers when you join the program.
You may be eligible to join PACE if you are:
- 55 years or older
- a recipient of Medicare and/or Medicaid or willing to pay privately
- eligible for nursing home care at the time of enrollment, but chooses to remain at home with assistance. You must be expected to need long-term care services for more than 120 days.
- residing in Erie County
- able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment
Health Coverage and Costs
We cover all services that are paid for by Medicare or Medicaid, plus others that are medically necessary. You will receive a membership card and a sticker for your Medicare card, which tells other providers that you have chosen to join the program.
We pay for all authorized services for patients eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.*
If you do not have Medicaid or if you are completely private pay, you will be charged a monthly premium. We will be happy to explain costs, if there are any, when we meet with you.
Catholic Health LIFE participants may be held liable for costs for unauthorized or out-of-network services.
How to Enroll
Membership is voluntary. You choose to enroll in the program and you may ask to end your membership at any time.
If you are interested in becoming a member, call us at (716) 819-5433. We will answer any questions that you have about the program.
After we receive your call:
- We will schedule a visit either at your home or at our center. During this visit, you will meet the staff of the program, including the physician who will provide your medical care if you choose to join the program. We will begin to determine your needs, talk to you about how the program works and provide written materials for your reference.
- A nurse will meet with you in your home to determine if you quality for a nursing home level of care.
- If you are eligible and choose to enroll, you will sign an enrollment agreement. Your membership usually becomes effective on the first day of the month after the enrollment form is completed.
To view our non-discrimination statement click here.