Catholic Health is dedicated to quality patient care in and outside of the hospital. That's why we provide home blood draw services for patients that qualify for home bound patient treatment plans. Home bound patients are determined by doctor advised care plans based on Medicare guidelines. Please carefully read the following rules and requirements of the home blood draw program.
What is a Home Bound Patient
Medicare considers you a home bound patient if you meet both of the following criteria:
- You need the help of another person or medical equipment, such as crutches, a walker or a wheelchair to leave your home.
Your doctor believes your health or illness could get worse if you leave your home.
- It is difficult for you to leave your home and you typically cannot do so.
Your doctor will determine whether or not you qualify as a home bound patient upon outlining your plan of care for the home health care benefit. This is dependent on your doctor's evaluation and knowledge of your condition over an extended period of time, not simply on a daily or weekly basis.
It's very important for patients to understand their privacy and medical care rights. Please review the documents below, fill out and return all that apply.
The Home Blood Draw (Phlebotomy) Office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. (EST), Monday-Friday.
- Office Phone: (716) 862-1142
- Office Fax: (716) 862-1393
- Lab Billing: (716) 862-1659