On this page:
- Visiting Policy
- Flower Deliveries
- Gift Shop
- Internet Access
- Food Options
- Patient Representative
To protect the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff, the following visitation guidelines are in effect:
- All visitors must complete and bring a copy of the Catholic Health Visitor Form.
- Visiting hours are for inpatients only (excluding maternity patients) from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m daily.
- Patients are limited to one visitor at a time.
- If you have recently traveled from one of the states listed by the New York State Department of Health Travel Advisory, visitation may be restricted.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring food or drink into the hospital.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Patients are encouraged to have no more than two visitors per day.
- Visitors will be required to complete a health screening (questions and temperature check).
- Visitors will be provided with a mask and screening sticker that must be worn at all times.
- Visitors must clean their hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer before entering a patient’s room and when leaving.
- Visitors must practice social distancing (at least 6 feet apart) in all locations, including patient rooms.
- Visitors must remain in the patient’s room during their visit and are not allowed in other public areas of the hospital, including the cafeteria, Tim Hortons, and waiting rooms. Arrangements for escorted chapel visitation may be made within the nursing unit.
- Visitors may only use the public restrooms on the first floor of the hospital.
- Clinical staff may request that a visitor leave the room if care cannot be safely provided while they are present.
- Visitors must provide their name, contact information and the name of the patient they are visiting upon arrival.
- Visitation is not permitted for patients receiving care on a restricted COVID unit, subject to end-of-life exceptions. Virtual visits are available for patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Individuals are not permitted visitation if they have an active COVID-19 diagnosis; are under investigation for COVID-19; have been in contact with a person actively infected with COVID-19 within 10 days; are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms; or are otherwise under quarantine for any reasons relating to New York State COVID-related advisories.
We reserve the right to alter or make exceptions to these guidelines at the discretion of our care team.
Visitors who do not comply, will be asked to leave.
Maternity Visitor Guidelines
With the presence of Coronavirus in Western New York, all hospital visitation is temporarily suspended except for fathers, spouses and life partners of maternity patients. Under these special circumstances, one visitor will be allowed per patient and all visitors will have to submit to a verbal health screening and temperature scan.
We understand how difficult it can be to not be able to a visit loved when they are in the hospital and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. These restrictions are in place to help limit the spread of Coronavirus in our community and protect the health and well-being of our patients and care staff. If you have a loved one in the hospital, you can be connected to their room phone by calling (716) 297-4800.
There is no cost to park at Mount St. Mary's Hospital.
Free valet parking is available Monday - Friday from our Main (South) Lobby from 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Cars are parked in a designated area adjacent to the hospital. If you cannot retrieve your car until after 3:30 p.m., your keys are left with our security staff. Identification is required.
All local florists deliver to Mount St. Mary's Hospital. If you are ordering flowers for a patient, it is not necessary to include the room number, as the florist will stop at the front desk to confirm the recipient's name and room number before the delivery is made.
The Mount St. Mary’s gift shop, staffed by St. Francis Guild Auxiliary volunteers, is located in the main lobby.
The shop carries fresh flower arrangements, cards, magazines, toiletries, jewelry, candy, clothing, fashion accessories and other gifts.
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Please note that our gift shop hours may vary based on volunteer availability.
Mount St. Mary’s offers free wireless internet access throughout the public areas of the hospital.
Most laptop computers will automatically locate the wireless network.
Wireless access is not protected. To avoid interception by other users, have current antivirus and firewall protection installed on your computer.
Staff members will not provide support for personal computers, nor will they be responsible for any changes made to your computer settings in order to connect to the wireless network.
Hospital patients and families using their own computers must abide by the hospital’s Acceptable Use Policy, Standards of Conduct, and any other applicable policies. These policies are available by calling 298-2146.
The cafeteria, located in the basement (right off the main elevators), is open for the purchase of hot meals.
The cafeteria serves hot meals during the following hours:
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Fenton’s is located in the hospital main lobby and is open daily from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the weekends.
Vending machines are located on the ground floor adjacent to the cafeteria.
If you have any concerns about hospital policies, procedures, or personnel, or if anything occurs during your visit which you would like to share with someone, please ask to see a patient advocate by calling (716) 298-2017.
For those who would like to discuss concerns about a recent visit and are no longer in the hospital, please call (716) 923-1885.