Catholic Health Nurses
The Catholic Health and Niagara University RN to BSN program is a series of credit courses held primarily at Catholic Health over 30 months and results in a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Catholic Health covers tuition, books and applicable fees. Catholic Health will also provide laptop computers.
Beginning on May 1, 2015, Catholic Health will accept applications for our next cohort, which begins January 2016. Applications are due by July 15, 2015.
The program is divided into fall, spring and summer terms. The schedule of courses may be revised to accommodate the needs of the students enrolled.
The program is intended as a cohort group (all participants go through the program together) starting in January 2016 and completing in May 2018. The maximum number in the cohort group is 40.
Classes will be held at the Catholic Health Administrative and Regional Training Center at 144 Genesee Street in Buffalo.
The program is open to Registered Nurses actively employed at Catholic Health working a minimum of 15 hours per week (30 hours per pay period), who have successfully completed orientation and have no corrective actions.
Associates must meet an admission GPA of 2.5 for Niagara University.
Scholarship Reimbursement Agreement
Each student in the program will be required to sign a scholarship reimbursement agreement with Catholic Health.
Payback will be through a work obligation as an RN for the equivalent of three years full-time (5,850 hours) beginning at the completion of the program. Individuals may work part-time or full-time to meet the 5,850 hour obligation. If the employee leaves the hospital before working off the obligation, then the remaining amount owed will be prorated against the time worked.
Leaving the Program Prior to Completion
Students who drop out of the program and remain employed at Catholic Health will be responsible for paying back monies owed on the scholarship, without interest. Students who drop out but do not remain employed at Catholic Health will be responsible for paying back monies owed, with interest.
To complete your application, please provide the following to Catholic Health's Clinical Education department by July 15, 2015:
- Catholic Health application form
- Manager reference / recommendation
- Official high school transcripts
You will also need to send the following to Niagara University's Admission department:
- Niagara University application form
- Health service forms and immunization history (after you are accepted into the program)
1. Submit an application form to Clinical Education Department.
Administrative & Regional Training Center
Clinical Education Department – 1st Floor
144 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
2. Arrange for your school records to be sent to the Clinical Education Department at Catholic Health.
- Official transcripts from all high schools
- Official transcript from all of the colleges you may have attended or graduated
3. Submit an application to the Admissions Office at Niagara University.
You can fill out an online application at www.niagara.edu.
A paper application can be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Niagara University, NY 14109
Once you are accepted into the program:
4. Complete the Niagara University Physical Examination and Immunization Form and return at orientation or mail to:
Student Health Center
PO Box 1923
Niagara University, NY 14109-1923
5. Attend an orientation day at the Catholic Health site in early January.
You will receive your course schedule, books, student ID number and IT password. At this meeting, your health form and copy of nurse license can be handed in.
Important Phone Numbers at Niagara University
- Nursing Department: (716) 286-7358 or (716) 286-8155
- Admissions: (716) 286-8700
- Financial Aid: (716) 286-8686
- Security: (716) 286-8111
- Information Technology Help Desk: (716) 286-7300
- Student Accounts: (716) 286-8300
- Student Health Office: (716) 286-8390
For more information, please call (716) 706-2541.