Starting September 15, we will be accepting applications for the next academic year for both preliminary and categorical positions via the Electronic Residency Application Service until November 15.
All invited candidates will be interviewed between November and January.
Western New York candidates/graduates or candidates with strong local ties are encouraged to apply to our training program.
The program requirements for candidates are as follows:
- USMLE minimum score of 225 on both parts 1 and 2 in first attempt;
- A graduation date from medical school of less than five (5) years;
- U.S. clinical experience is preferred but not required;
- Must be ECFMG certified by the time of interview and therefore must have passed Step 2 CS;
- Provide three recommendation letters, one of which must be from the Dean of your medical school, and all other forms consistent with the ERAS application.
We sponsor J1 visas.
If you do not meet all of the requirements as listed above, you may use your own discretion as to whether or not you would like to apply to the program.
Please note that meeting these criteria will NOT ensure that you will receive an invitation for an interview since there are a limited number of interview slots available. To review our program information in full, please visit FREIDA online.
Thank you for your interest in our residency program. Good luck in your efforts to obtain a residency position.
I believe what sets our program apart from others is its excellent support system.
I had no problem adjusting to the routine, thanks to the outstanding faculty, welcoming staff and fellow residents. I can never thank all of you enough for what you have done for me.
The internal medicine program is not just about learning and practice, it’s about living like a family, working like a family and setting even higher standards for patient care.
– Faisal Rashid Khan, M.D.