The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses everyday.
Kenmore Mercy Hospital is proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital Partner, recognizing a nurse with this special honor twice a year.
Values of a DAISY Award Nominee
A DAISY Award nominee is a nurse whose clinical skill and especially her/his compassionate care exemplify the kind of nurse that our patients, their families, and our team members recognize as an outstanding role model. She/he acts in a way that consistently demonstrates the values of our organization as evidenced by:
- A passion for nursing
- Clinical excellence
- Service to the community
- Respect for patients and families
- An integral member of the team
How to Nominate an Extraordinary Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians, and team members may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out our online nomination form below.
What Does The DAISY Award Winner Receive?
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit and will receive a:
- A celebration of the DAISY Award winner
- A DAISY Award Certificate
- A special DAISY Award pin
- A sculpture made in Zimbabwe entitled “A Healers Touch”
- A listing of the nurse who won the award on the DAISY website
- Cinnabons for the award winner's entire unit, celebrating teamwork