Catholic Health’s Healthcare Fellowship program is focused on developing strong diverse healthcare leadership. The program seeks to enhance and support diversity within the healthcare leadership community.
The position of Healthcare Fellow is a 12-18 month assignment designed to bring to our system master-prepared, entry-level executives. The fellow is designed around numerous special projects (rotations) outlined by the CEO and an executive panel. The Fellowship program is structured to provide real life learning.
Sample Schedule of Events
PHASE I – Orientation/Assessment
Introduction to our Organization
- Introductions and rounding, overview of project tours, shadow
- Meet the executive team
- Meet your mentors
Leadership Workplace Big 5 Assessment Results
- Reflection and development of Catholic Health leadership competencies: Strategist, Systems Thinking, Change Driver, Authentic and Inspirational Communicator, Talent Advocate, Drive Performance and Results
- Participate in CHU New Manager Core program
- Field Trips with CEO
PHASE II – Industry
Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- What is Population Health?
PHASE III – Project Management
- Rotation 1: Operations
- Rotation 2: Strategic Planning / Marketing
- Rotation 3: Clinical Integration / Managed Care
- Rotation 4: Finance
- Rotation 5: Human Resources
- Rotation 6: Legal