Catholic Health offers a generous financial assistance program to ensure that cost will not be a barrier to anyone in our community getting the healthcare services they need. If payment of your Catholic Health services creates a financial hardship for you, our team will help you apply for financial assistance through our Healthcare Assistance Program (HAP).
What is Our Healthcare Assistance Program (HAP)?
It is a program that allows qualified persons (see below) to receive medically necessary services at no charge or a reduced charge at Catholic Health facilities. It is not an insurance program and does not replace benefits and payments that are, or could be, received from government programs that pay for care. Some of these programs include Medicaid and Exchange plans. Through HAP we cover the cost of services provided throughout Catholic Health facilities (see exclusions below).
For more information on our Healthcare Assistance Program, please contact our Customer Service Team at (716) 601-3600.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR HEALTHCARE ASSISTANCE?
Catholic Health extends discounts to uninsured and underinsured patients who receive medically necessary services. Discount amounts are based on the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines (FPL Guidelines) and sliding income scales. Patients who qualify for financial assistance will not be financially responsible for more than the Medicaid discounted rate.
While we primarily serve the five counties of Western New York, everyone in New York State who needs emergency services can receive care and financial assistance through Catholic Health. Additionally, everyone in New York State can receive assistance on non-emergency medically necessary services in Catholic Health facilities. Regardless of your ability to pay, you will never be denied medically necessary care at Catholic Health.
What is Not Covered?
Catholic Health’s Healthcare Assistance Program does have limits to what it will cover. Please read the information below carefully.
- This program does NOT cover doctor fees, even if that doctor’s office is located at one of our hospitals. Only physician fees/services at our hospital-operated primary care sites are covered. You can find these offices at the following link: Primary Care Sites
- Cosmetic surgery is NOT covered.
- Charges for medical equipment and supplies are NOT covered.
- Physician services such as radiology, anesthesia, emergency room physicians, consulting visits, or any private provider are NOT covered. For these ser¬vices, you will need to make separate payment arrangements with these providers.
- Long-term and Home care programs
New York State Patients
While we primarily serve the five counties of West¬ern New York, everyone in New York State who needs emergency services can receive care and financial assistance through Catholic Health. Additionally, everyone in New York State can receive assistance on non-emergency medically necessary services in Catholic Health facili¬ties. Regardless of your ability to pay, you will never be denied medically necessary care at Catholic Health.
You may apply for a discount regardless of immigration status.
How to Apply
To be considered for healthcare assistance, please print and complete the application below.
- Application– English
- Healthcare Assistance Policy Summary
- Important Information (Hospital Disclosure)
Asistencia Médica en Español
- Resumen de la Política de Asistencia Médica (Healthcare Assistance Policy Summary)
- Solicitud (Application)
- Divulgación del Hospital (Hospital Disclosure)