Wound Care - Outpatient
Make an Appointment for Your Wound Assessment
For the initial assessment of your wound, we recommend that you call the Advanced Wound Healing Center at the Caritas Medical Arts Building or Mercy Ambulatory Care Center, where you can be seen by a board-certified physician.
A referral from your doctor is not needed for most insurances. Please check with your insurance carrier.
Caritas Medical Arts Building
2625 Harlem Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Catholic Health Home Care
144 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Mercy Ambulatory Care Center
3669 Southwestern Boulevard
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Partners In Rehab St. Joseph Campus
2605 Harlem Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
Partners In Rehab West Seneca
550 Orchard Park Road
West Seneca, NY 14224
How We Treat Wounds
Treatment may include:
- Individualized dressing management
- Debridement – removal of debris and/or dead tissue from wound
- Bioengineered skin and tissue replacement
- Compression wrapping (for ulcers associated with swollen legs)
- Electrical stimulation (E-Stim) – a treatment in which a very low electrical voltage is applied to the wound in order to stimulate cellular healing elements
- Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy – a treatment in which the patient breathes 100% oxygen while inside a treatment (Hyperbaric) chamber at a pressure that is roughly twice atmospheric pressure. This enriched oxygen environment promotes the development of new blood vessels (angiogenesis) and promotes the growth of new tissue and skin within certain wounds.
- Transcutaneous oxygen testing to determine blood/oxygen supply to wound area
Services by Location
|Service||Advanced Wound Healing Centers*||Partners In Rehab & Home Care|
|Removal of debris & dead tissue|
|Skin & tissue replacement|
|Hyperbaric oxgyen therapy|
|Transcutaneous oxygen testing|
|Electrical stimulation (E-Stim)|
*Caritas Medical Arts Building and Mercy Ambulatory Care Center
A difficult 2 1/2 years of seeing experts and having costly, painful treatments had left my mom's stage 4 wound in very poor condition.
Several doctors, nurses, and specialists had treated her, stating, "She will have this wound for the rest of her life, just try to keep it clean." Another expert said, "Keep her in bed, up for meals only."
For weeks and weeks, my mother could not sit in her favorite chair, play her games, do her crafts, go out shopping, or a visit with family. She had no quality of life.
Dr. Rohan, mom's primary doctor, had learned of the Advanced Wound Healing Center that had recently opened in Orchard Park, New York. He called me and insisted that I take her there ASAP.
She was seen immediately by Dr. William Lagaly.
He did a full assessment of her and started her on a treatment plan. This treatment plan was an antibiotic solution that Dr. William Lagaly had put together himself. After years of no movement to heal, this stage 4 wound began to close. Dr. William Lagaly found just the right treatment.
Today, I heard, "This wound is healed!" I just can't believe it!
This is an exceptional doctor who is an expert in his field. He is caring, considerate, and most of all, he invests himself in his patients (a rare trait seen today). His staff is wonderful!
This office is clean, bright and beautiful. I can't express enough thanks to this wonderful doctor and the staff.
Please, if anyone has a skin or wound problem of any kind, go to the Advanced Wound Healing Center in Orchard Park NY. We are so fortunate to have this facility in Western NY.
– Connie Rogers