Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly
Enroll in a PACE Program
Call (716) 819-5433 to enroll in our program for Erie County residents.
Catholic Health Locations
OLV Senior Neighborhood
55 Melroy Avenue
Lackawanna, NY 14218
Phone & Hours
What is PACE?
PACE is a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly.
This is a long-term care program for older adults who wish to live at home but qualify for nursing home care. They need assistance in order to maintain their health, complete day-to-day activities and remain safe for as long as possible.
As part of the program, all medical care is provided or coordinated by our team.
Primary care services are provided by the physician at our health center. Other medical services may also be provided at the center, at the patient's home or at an off-site location.
Transportation to and from medical appointments is included.
In addition to medical care, we offer a day center, with recreational and social activities. This allows you to receive personal care and supervision during the day.
LIFE Center in Lackawanna
Watch the ten-minute video below for an overview of the LIFE program in Lackawanna.
As a LIFE member, you will access many of our services at the LIFE Center in Lackawanna, located on the campus of the OLV Senior Neighborhood.
How often you visit the center and for how long depends on your personal circumstances and medical needs. Visits typically range from one to five days per week.
The LIFE Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Services at the LIFE Center include:
- Physician services
- Rehabilitation therapies (physical, occupational and speech therapies)
- Social work services that may include re-certification for Medicaid or food stamps, counseling for both members and caregivers, and assistance with living wills and establishing a healthcare proxy
- Spiritual care
- Nutritional services
- Personal care such as showering or bathing
- Recreational and educational activities scheduled throughout the day, in addition to independent activities, such as reading, watching TV or playing cards
- Round-trip transportation to and from the center
Our network includes Western New York specialists who provide care at their office locations. They offer:
Outpatient Medical Services
- Medical specialty services, such as cardiology and ophthalmology
- Dental care
- Mental health services
- Eye care, including exams and glasses
- Foot care
- Hearing exams and hearing aids
- Alcohol and substance abuse services
- Diagnostic tests and lab services
Transportation to and from appointments is provided. Aides may accompany patients to their appointments if necessary.
Hospital Inpatient & Emergency Services
Home Health Care
- Nursing, rehabilitation therapies, social work and home health aide and personal care services
- Durable medical equipment and all needed supplies
Nursing Home Services
- Short-term rehabilitation
- Long-term care, if needed
Prescription Drugs (delivered to participants' homes via courier)
Primary care services are provided by the physician at our health center. If care is needed in a hospital or from a specialist, members are required to use a physician or hospital in our provider network.
If you are currently receiving care from someone who is not in our network of providers, we will coordinate any changes so that you continue to receive the care you need with our network providers when you join the program.
My Mom started at LIFE yesterday.
I felt like I was sending my first born off to her first day of school!
She was very nervous, but Pete, the van driver, was so nice: greeting her for the first time by her name and telling her what a great day she was in store for, all with a big smile. He truly set the tone for the day!
And, of course, I had to call and check on her. Karen called me right back. Mom was having coffee and cookies and doing great. Everyone is so nice there!
My family and I so are thankful for this program. It truly is a blessing to our community!
– Debbie McGowan
Never in all my life have I been more impressed with a group of people as I am now.
It is an honor to be a part of your group.
– Ben Cosmano
You may be eligible to join PACE if you are:
- 55 years or older
- a recipient of Medicare and/or Medicaid or willing to pay privately
- eligible for nursing home care at the time of enrollment, but chooses to remain at home with assistance. You must be expected to need long-term care services for at least 120 days.
- residing in Erie County
- able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment
Health Coverage and Costs
We cover all services that are paid for by Medicare or Medicaid, plus others that are medically necessary. You will receive a membership card and a sticker for your Medicare card, which tells other providers that you have chosen to join the program.
We pay for all authorized services for patients eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid.*
If you do not have Medicaid or if you are completely private pay, you will be charged a monthly premium. We will be happy to explain costs, if there are any, when we meet with you.
*Please note that you may be liable for cost of services not authorized by PACE.
How to Enroll
Membership is voluntary. You choose to enroll in the program and you may ask to end your membership at any time.
If you are interested in becoming a member, call us at (716) 819-5433. We will answer any questions that you have about the program.
After we receive your call:
- We will schedule a visit either at your home or at our center. During this visit, you will meet the staff of the program, including the physician who will provide your medical care if you choose to join the program. We will begin to determine your needs, talk to you about how the program works and provide written materials for your reference.
- A nurse will meet with you in your home to determine if you quality for a nursing home level of care.
- If you are eligible and choose to enroll, you will sign an enrollment agreement. Your membership usually becomes effective on the first day of the month after the enrollment form is completed.