Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, please call a location below. A prescription from your doctor is required.
Partners In Rehab Sisters Hospital
2157 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Partners In Rehab West Seneca
550 Orchard Park Road
West Seneca, NY 14224
Rehab After Stroke, Brain Injury or Surgery
Neuro-rehabilitation provides treatment for patients who are experiencing neurological difficulties that may be the result of a stroke, traumatic brain injury or neurological surgery. Other conditions may include Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson's disease, Guillain-Barré, brain diseases and mild to moderate spinal cord injuries.
Neurological difficulties may cause problems related to:
- Cognition (awareness, perception, reasoning and judgement)
- Motor planning and execution (the ability to think through and execute a task)
- Visual perception (sight)
- Speech and language
- Swallowing difficulties or disorders
These problems may interfere with a person's independence and ability to care for themselves, function in the community, or return to work or school.
Our clinicians assess and reassess your abilities so that they may develop realistic short-term and long-term goals for your progress.
- Physical therapists help you to improve your strength, balance, coordination, walking and functional mobility.
- Occupational therapists help you to improve your ability to complete activities of daily living, including skills required for self-care, work and leisure.
- Speech-language pathologists assist you in expressing your thoughts, communication skills and swallowing.
Recovery includes a home activity program so that you you may be as independent as possible following rehabilitation.