Catholic Health Locations
AthletiCare Orchard Park
3669 Southwestern Boulevard
Orchard Park, NY 14127
Phone & Hours
The Aquatic Program is designed for patients recovering from spinal, orthopedic and neurological conditions.
The pool is a comfortable 94 degrees and features stairs with railings for easy access, terraced depths with grab bars, an underwater treadmill, and resistance devices.
Due to the buoyancy of the water, aquatic therapy allows patients to exercise more comfortably and earlier than traditional physical therapy, with less pain and swelling. Patients can also use the natural resistance of the water to increase range-of-motion, strength, and balance.
A prescription from your doctor is required for aquatic therapy.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
This physical therapy program takes advantage of the many benefits of exercising in water and is designed to:
- Return you to activity safely
- Improve your ability to perform everyday activities
- Provide an alternative for patients who cannot tolerate land-based exercise
- Reduce pain
- Improve balance
Outpatient rehabilitation services are covered by most insurance plans.
Private Pay Programs
The Aquatic Therapy program also includes water exercise programs not covered by insurance including:
- Aqua Adults: exercise program for the promotion of health, wellness and prevention
- Arthritis Pool Program: a program designed specifically for adults with arthritis: Continuous 4-week sessions
- Aqua-Kids: a program designed specifically for children with arthritis; an 8-week non-competitive aquatic therapy program ideally suited for kids who are comfortable in the water. Classes include gentle active exercises, swimming activities and free play.