Physical Therapy & Rehab
Physical Therapy & Rehab
Rehabilitation may include exercises that address physical or mental capabilities.
At Catholic Health, rehabilitation services are provided by AthletiCare and Partners In Rehab, within our Continuing Care division.
- Rehab Overview
- Learn about the types of rehabilitation used to treat medical diseases and illnesses.
- Physical Therapy
- Physical therapy offers a full range of services to help individuals recover from orthopedic injuries, musculoskeletal injuries and neurological disorders.
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational therapy is appropriate for patients with orthopedic and neurological dysfunctions needing to build the skills required for self-care, work and leisure.
- Speech Therapy
- Catholic Health's speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat dysphagia, dysarthria, aphasia and voice problems.
- Aquatic Therapy
- The Aquatic Program is designed especially for patients recovering from orthopedic, neurological and musculoskeletal impairments or injuries.
- Athletic Training
- AthletiCare provides Certified Athletic Trainers (ATC) at over 20 area high schools and colleges and at community athletic events, such as Gus Macker.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- The Catholic Health Cardiac Rehabilitation program is a three-phase approach designed to meet the needs of individuals recovering from cardiac illnesses.
- Golf Assessment Analysis
- Clinicians break the golf swing down into four basic components – setup, back-swing, impact and finish – that are assessed and targeted for improvement.
- Hand Therapy
- Hand Therapy provides rehabilitation for various hand injuries and is available at AthletiCare in Orchard Park and both Sisters Hospital locations.
- Myofascial and CranioSacral Therapy
- Treatment of the fascial and craniosacral systems reduces pain and enhances control of the body.
- Pelvic Pain & Incontinence Management
- Through the Partners In Rehab Pelvic Floor Dysfunction program, external and internal techniques can help release pelvic pain.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation is designed for people with chronic lung diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Stroke and Neuro-Rehabilitation
- The Partners In Rehab clinical staff has the expertise to treat neurological impairments in a variety of settings depending on the patient's condition and needs.
- Vestibular Therapy
- The clinicians evaluating and treating vestibular patients have taken additional course work to gain academic and clinical expertise.
- Wound Management
- Catholic Health's approach to wound management combines technology and expert treatment with gentle care.