Getting ready for a new baby is a fun and exciting time. Catholic Health is happy to provide classes to make this time as easy as possible for you, your family, and your baby.
Please sign up for classes as early as you can during your pregnancy as these classes will help prepare for the discomforts of late pregnancy as well as delivery. The best time for classes is about half way through your pregnancy at around 20 weeks (4-5 months). Whenever you can make it, we look forward to seeing you!
- Prepared Childbirth – perfect for any expectant parent who wants to know what will happen in labor and delivery and beyond; includes tips on making your pregnancy easier, labor and delivery facts, and recovery at home
- Prepared C-section – covers labor signs to watch for, preparing for your delivery, and what to plan for during your recovery and in your first few weeks with your new baby
- Preparing to Breastfeed – prepares you for the initial breastfeeding experience and what to expect at home
- Twinformation Classes – discusses special needs of twin pregnancy
- Baby Talk – discusses common newborn concerns such as bathing, breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding, etc.
- Sibling Classes – introduces pre-school and young children to the exciting role of being a big brother or sister
To register for class, please download a registration form:
When registering for class, this form will also be used to pre-admit you to the hospital. Pre-admitting will decrease your paperwork when you arrive in labor!
As a courtesy to you, Catholic Health will bill your insurance company for the classes that you have registered for.
If your insurance does not cover the cost of the class, you will receive a bill and will be responsible for applicable co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles or for any services not covered. Contact your insurance carrier to find out if they cover all or part of your cost. You may need to pay for the class and submit a receipt to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health education is essential to your personal well-being and that of your growing family. Please contact your insurer to see if they cover all or a portion of these services. Coverage may be included as part of your wellness and prevention health benefits.
Yes, a bill will be issued for this class. If you have insurance that covers all or a portion of these services, a bill will be issued to your insurer. If after payment from your insurer there is a copayment, deductible or remaining balance due as patient responsibility a bill will also be issued to you.
Please contact your insurer if you feel that you have received the bill in error. Catholic Health will only issue you a bill based on instructions from your insurer. If not, please remit payment as directed on the bill.
If you are in need of assistance in payment due to lack of insurance or financial hardship, Catholic Health has a Healthcare Assistance Program that offers discounts to qualified individuals. For more information, call our Billing Department at (716) 601-3600.
Free parking is available in the visitor parking lots at Sisters of Charity or Mercy Hospitals.
You will receive a parking voucher at class. Parking vouchers are not available for locations other than the hospital lots.