Getting ready for a new baby is a fun and exciting time. Catholic Health is happy to provide classes to make this time as easy as possible for you, your family, and your baby.
Register for classes at around 20 weeks (4-5 months). These classes prepare you for the discomforts of late pregnancy, as well as delivery.
- Prepared Childbirth – perfect for any expectant parent who wants to know what will happen in labor and delivery and beyond; includes tips on making your pregnancy easier, labor and delivery facts, and recovery at home. $45 per couple.
- Prepared C-section – covers labor signs to watch for, preparing for your delivery, and what to plan for during your recovery and in your first few weeks with your new baby. $15 per couple.
- Lamaze Focus – covers all of the topics in our Prepared Childbirth classes with a focus on Lamaze for natural childbirth. $45 per couple.
- Preparing to Breastfeed – prepares you for the initial breastfeeding experience and what to expect at home. $10 per couple.
- Marvelous Multiples® – adds to the childbirth classes for parents expecting more than one new arrival. We will cover special concerns and special care of both mom and babies. $20 per couple. (Marvelous Multiples® website)
- Baby Talk – discusses care of your newborn, health concerns to watch for, and challenges that all new parents face. $20 per couple.
- Sibling Classes – introduces 2-8 year old child or children to the exciting role of being a big brother or sister. $15 per family.
- High-risk Pregnancy – This invitation-only series of classes helps mothers with higher-risk pregnancies understand the care that they will receive both before and after the baby is born. These classes talk about ways to reduce your risk of complications, what to expect during a higher-risk pregnancy, and what happens if you are admitted to the hospital during your pregnancy. The last class will look at parenting a baby in the NICU. If you feel you would benefit from these classes, please ask your obstetrical provider for an invitation.
- Grandparents Classes – covers new infant care, safety (particularly car seat and sleep safety), supportive care for the new parents and fun activities to prepare for the arrival of your precious grandchild. $20 per couple.
- Infant and Child CPR/First Aid – covers how to respond if a child is choking, drowning, has an injury, or needs CPR. $35 per person.
- Car Seat Safety – includes a short safety presentation with car seat basics, then an appointment for a one-on-one car seat fitting in your vehicle with a certified Child Passenger Safety technician. Free.
For Mount St. Mary's Hospital, please call (716) 298-2618 for class dates.
To register for class, please download a registration form:
When registering for class, this form will also be used to pre-admit you to the hospital. Pre-admitting will decrease your paperwork when you arrive in labor!
Mount St. Mary's Hospital: call (716) 298-2618 to register for class.
As a courtesy to you, Catholic Health will bill your insurance company for the classes that you have registered for.
If your insurance does not cover the cost of the class, you will receive a bill and will be responsible for applicable co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles or for any services not covered. Contact your insurance carrier to find out if they cover all or part of your cost. You may need to pay for the class and submit a receipt to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health education is essential to your personal well-being and that of your growing family. Please contact your insurer to see if they cover all or a portion of these services. Coverage may be included as part of your wellness and prevention health benefits.
Yes, a bill will be issued for this class. If you have insurance that covers all or a portion of these services, a bill will be issued to your insurer. If after payment from your insurer there is a copayment, deductible or remaining balance due as patient responsibility a bill will also be issued to you.
Please contact your insurer if you feel that you have received the bill in error. Catholic Health will only issue you a bill based on instructions from your insurer. If not, please remit payment as directed on the bill.
If you are in need of assistance in payment due to lack of insurance or financial hardship, Catholic Health has a Healthcare Assistance Program that offers discounts to qualified individuals. For more information, call our Billing Department at (716) 601-3600.
At Mercy Hospital and Sisters Hospital, you will receive a parking voucher at class to cover the cost of parking. At Mount St. Mary's Hospital, parking is free.