Ann Marie Smokowski, RD
Individual Nutrition Counseling
Schedule an Appointment
- Get a script or referral from your physician indicating your diet order diagnostic code.
- Check with your insurance carrier regarding your coverage (if service is not covered by insurance, you will be billed and responsible for payment in full).
- Remember to bring your insurance card, prescription referral from your primary care provider, and photo identification to your appointment.
Nutrition Counseling Locations
- Mercy Comprehensive Care Center (Buffalo)
- Mercy OB/GYN Center (Buffalo)
Diabetes Education Classes
Diabetes classes are taught in four parts. One part is taught by Ann Marie and the remaining three are taught by certified diabetes educators.
Persons meeting the following criteria should attend a diabetes education class:
- Recently diagnosed with diabetes
- Had a change in treatment or nutrition plan
- Has not had a previous opportunity to attend class
- Has difficulty controlling their diabetes
Upcoming diabetes education classes are listed on our events calendar. For more information or to register, call Health Connection at (716) 706-2112.
I have lost a total of 81 lbs. since the diabetes class.
My diabetes was diagnosed early and with the early intervention, lifestyle changes including walking one mile daily, following my meal plan consistently, and watching portions, I no longer require my oral Diabetes medication! The class instruction (especially the meal plan) taught me to change my lifestyle for the better. I feel great!
– David R.
Both Ann Marie and Mary were very knowledgeable and interesting.
They were very helpful for me and my wife in dealing with my diabetes.
Thank you very much.