Make an Appointment for a Massage
To make an appointment, please call (716) 862-1386.
- $60 for an hour
- $35 for a half hour
There is no extra charge for the use of hot stones or for aromatherapy in the massage oil.
If you have insurance, please call your insurance provider to learn if your plan covers massage therapy and how much you should expect to pay out-of-pocket.
M. Steven Piver M.D. Center for Women's Health and Wellness
2121 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Sisters of Charity Hospital
2157 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Relieve Tension with Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is beneficial for persons who are medically well, and for those who have health concerns.
Stress can manifest itself in the form of fatigue, muscle tightness, irritability and body aches. Massage helps to relieve tension, making you feel more relaxed and at ease.
Massage can also relieve symptoms of:
- Arthritis, back and neck problems
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms
- Other chronic conditions
Types of Massage
Our services include:
- Deep tissue massage
- Orthopedic massage
- Swedish massage
- Stress reduction massage
- Hot stone massage (no extra cost)
- Treatments of specific pathologies such as Arthritis Frozen Shoulder, neck and back issues and more
- Maternity massage (a maternity cushion is available so that you can lay on your belly)
- Couples massage (in separate rooms)
Studies suggest that massage therapy offers several benefits to pregnant women.
It can help you to relax, relieving stress and anxiety, and increase your mood-boosting hormones.
Massage therapy can also improve blood circulation and reduce swelling of the joints, including in the hands, feet and ankles. In addition, nerve pain, which pregnant women commonly experience, may be reduced.
Massage therapy is safe for pregnant women throughout the course of their pregnancies. However, because the risk of miscarriage is greatest in the first trimester, many massage therapists offer massage to women in their second and third trimesters only.
At Catholic Health, massage therapy is offered to women in their first trimester if they have a doctor's note. The note can be faxed or brought to the appointment.
The following amenities are available to all clients, at no extra charge:
- Heated tables
- Heated blankets
- Heated towels
- Heating pads
- Hot stones
To promote relaxation, rooms feature dim lighting, candles, and soft music.
Most massage techniques are traditionally performed with the patient unclothed. Of course, you decide what amount of clothing you prefer to wear for your own comfort.
The therapist will discuss all your options with you. Only the body part being worked on will be exposed; a sheet will cover the rest of your body.
- Private Pay: Credit card, cash, and personal checks are accepted.
- Insurance: Please check with your insurance provider if massage therapy is covered under your plan. Discounts vary by plan. We accept Blue Cross Blue Shield and Independent Health insurances.
- No Fault: We accept No Fault accident claims for those involved in car accidents.
- Erie County Employees: Erie County employees may have insurance benefits at ECC, ECMC, and the NFTA. Please contact your Human Resources department for rates.
When You Arrive
First-time visitors should arrive fifteen minutes before their scheduled appointment time.
If your appointment is at Sisters of Charity Hospital, please take the elevator or stairs to the third floor, and follow the signs for the Massage Therapy department. You may also approach the front desk for directions.
If your appointment is at the Piver Center, please enter the Seton Professional Building, and turn right at the elevator. The Piver Center is straight ahead.
Please note that there is a fee to park at the Sisters of Charity Hospital campus. A parking voucher will be provided to our clients.