HeartStrong Subacute Rehabilitation
Father Baker Manor
6400 Powers Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127
1503 Military Road
Kenmore, NY 14217
Almost one fourth of heart failure patients are readmitted to the hospital within 30 days.
People with heart-related diseases can become frustrated with the inability to manage their illness effectively and, as a result, their quality of life lessens.
Studies show that disease management programs can reduce the number of readmissions to the hospital as well as reduce their length of stay.
What is HeartStrong?
With Catholic Health’s HeartStrong program, a short-term rehab stay helps patients to rebuild their strength and endurance and learn how to better manage their cardiac diseases before they return home.
Patients enrolled in a subacute program reside for a short period (28 days, on average) at a designated facility where they receive nursing and therapy care to rebuild their strength and also learn how to better manage their disease or condition.
Who is HeartStrong for?
Patients who have cardiac disease, heart failure or have had cardiac surgery.
As part of the HeartStrong program, you will rebuild your strength and endurance, learn positive lifestyle habits and how to manage your health at home.
Your HeartStrong plan includes education, counseling and guidance in a vareity of areas:
- Diet and exercise
- The importance of rest
- Risk factor modifcation
- Smoking cessation
- Weight monitoring
- Worsening symptoms
What Sets Us Apart
- Our program was developed in collaboration with cardiologists and cardio-thoracic surgeons.
- It is the only program of its kind in WNY. It is a prescribed care path in which patients transition from the hospital to a subacute facility and from a subacute facility to home. This program gives you the ability to better manage your disease on your own.
- We use the Minnesota “Living with Heart Failure®” tool to measure quality of life issues. This is the only nationally recognized tool used for cardiac patients and quality of life.
The HeartStrong Team
Your team includes physicians, 24-hour nursing care, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, clinical dieticians, case managers/social workers and pastoral/spiritual care professionals.
By using a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to care, each of these individuals brings a specific area of expertise to the team. This allows us to tailor a plan of care to meet your unique needs.
How to Enroll
- Your doctor can admit you to the program upon discharge from any hospital – not just a Catholic Health hospital.
- You can be admitted directly from the Emergency Department if the physician identifies you as an appropriate candidate for the program.
- Or, your physician can admit you directly from your home or their office if you are identified as an appropriate candidate for the program.
Insurance Plans Accepted
HeartStrong services are covered by most insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, Workers' Compensation, No Fault, BlueCross, BlueShield, Community Blue, Univera and Independent Health.
For more information on how HeartStrong can give you the confidence and knowledge to live your life healthier, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.