Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
Good nutrition and regular exercise are essential in having a healthy weight. For people struggling with obesity, diet and exercise may not be enough.
Bariatric surgery is an effective tool for weight loss when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
While everyone’s results are different, your weight loss may help you to:
- Improve your overall health so that you live longer
- Reduce or eliminate medications for obesity-related diseases. These diseases include diabetes, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and asthma.
- Improve the quality of your sleep and ability to concentrate
- Become pregnant, as weight loss can increase fertility
- Have more energy for family and social activities
- Experience the freedom to do more, such as enjoy amusement park rides or fly comfortably in an airplane
- Boost your self-esteem
If you’re ready to experience the benefits that weight loss has to offer, call us at (716) 706-2119 to schedule your consultation with a bariatric surgeon.
I have a whole new life. I'm doing more than I've ever done in my life.
I'm enjoying everything I do more, and I feel a lot better. I'm so looking forward to doing more. I have a list of things I want to accomplish!
Once you make the decision though, you have to make the decision to live a healthier lifestyle. I now make bariatric-friendly meals using recipes from support group. The surgery is a tool, not the answer. You still have to do your part and put in the work.
– Corinne Dobmeier
46 years old, Cheektowaga