Volunteer at Sisters of Charity Hospital
Sisters of Charity Hospital has great respect for our volunteers, and considers them part of the team. That is why volunteers from ages 14-90+ and from every local community choose to contribute positively to the day to day life at our ministry.
For many people, volunteering gives them personal satisfaction to know they are doing kind acts for others. For others, it is a chance to put past experience and skills to work for a charitable cause. For others still, it is an opportunity to learn and participate in the activites of a hospital environment, helping them to acheive future career or academic goals.
Whatever your reason is for volunteering, we want to hear from you. Please take the time to review the volunteer program that is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Adult Volunteer Opportunities (Age 18 and Up)
Volunteer opportunities are available in many departments. Click here to view our current opportunities.
Volunteers must be willing to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of continuous service over a three month time-frame.
Once you have decided which service opportunity best fits your interest, please complete our application.
How to Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer at any of our Catholic Health hospitals, you will be required to complete all the steps in the application process:
- Apply: Complete and submit an application.
- Interview: An associate will contact you to schedule an interview, discuss your desired or available positions and review medical requirements.
- Medical Requirements: You will be asked to complete medical requirements as mandated by the New York State department of health, including proof of a physical exam, proof of immunizations (if born after 1958), a Tuberculosis Test or PPD, and complete influenza (flu) vaccine requirements. The Volunteer Director will provide you with the necessary forms to complete.
- New Volunteer Orientation: You will be directed at your interview where and when to report for orientation.
Volun-TEEN Program (Ages 14-18)
Teenage volunteers have been a very important part of the volunteer team at Sisters of Charity Hospital and we have been blessed to have a growing number of teenagers want to give their time and talent to our ministry.
This volunteer program specially designed for teenagers will create a opportunity for our younger volunteers to provide a service to the hospital in a fun and learning atmosphere. Teen volunteers must be willing to commit to a minimum of 50 hours of continuous service.
All selected Volun-TEENS will receive a uniform and free lunch each day they serve.
How do Volun-TEENS Help?
Assignment will be made based on student essay and expressed interest on a first-come first served basis.
Volunteers in the TEEN program assist with daily hospital activities in the following areas:
- Activities - assisting with recreational programming for elders in the nursing home
- Emergency Room - assisting the staff in the ER with non-clinical projects, offering hospitality and support to patients and visitors with long waits, running errands for the unit
- Friendly Greeter - greeting the public, delivering flowers, escorting patients and visitors
- Food Service - assisting with various tasks in the kitchen and on patient floors
- Crafting - assisting with making paper flowers and baby hats
- Facilities - assisting with projects such as painting and gardening
- Pharmacy - assisting the pharmacy staff with various non-clinical projects
Questions about Volunteering?
- Call (716) 862-1106
- Email us
Manage Your Schedule
Existing volunteers have access to the Volunteer Information Center Network to record their hours, review and adjust their schedules, view new positions available, and receive alerts from the volunteering department.