Allied Health Checklist
Allied health students are able to apply for educational opportunities in all of our facilities. This experience allows students to explore as many aspects of their future practice as possible. They can attain unique clinical knowledge and skills while working with our staff.
Note: All forms and education manuals can be downloaded on the Required Materials page.
To arrange for placement, the following requirements must be met:
- Your school has a valid contract in place and current liability insurance.
- Your placement is coordinated with the Clinical Education Department, who will then forward to specific departmental leaders as appropriate.
- Your students have a designated preceptor or clinical instructor. This may be a school faculty member. Catholic Health staff may serve as preceptors with faculty oversight.
- Your students must meet the health requirements of Catholic Health.
Clinical coordinators must:
Request Clinical Rotation: Send completed request form for clinical rotations to Daynell Rowell-Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 706-2538). The form can be downloaded on the Required Materials page.
Request Computer Access: Send completed request form for computer access for all students and instructors at least 30 days prior to the start of the first clinical rotation. Pyxis access for the clinical instructor will be provided via this spreadsheet. The form can be downloaded on the Required Materials page. If you need assistance with computer access, please contact Michelle Amini at email@example.com.
Before placement begins, students and faculty are required to review the following materials:
- Review the Self-learning Packet (available on the Required Materials page)
- Learn our technology systems (for those who document in Soarian)
- Rehab Students: Review the Student Placement Manual (available on the Required Materials page)
After the above materials are reviewed, please complete the Allied Health Student Orientation Documentation Form (available on the Required Materials page). It is the responsibility of the school of nursing to keep this form on-site for the duration of the student's enrollment.
If your students will be rotating at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo or Sisters of Charity Hospital, click here to access parking requirements.
If you have questions about the placement of respiratory therapy students, please contact Carolyn Hilbert at Hilbert@chsbuffalo.org.
Please contact the Clinical Nutrition Manager at the preferred site to verify date and requirements of student/intern placement(s):
- Mercy Hospital – Maureen Lester, Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Kenmore Mercy Hospital – Naheed Ali-Sayeed, Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Sisters of Charity Hospital, Main Street Campus – Amy Julicher, Clinical Nutrition Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sisters of Charity Hospital, St Joseph Campus – Erin Brudz, Clinical Nutrition Manager (email@example.com)