Education & Training »
Nursing Education »
Summer Internships for BSN Students
Catholic Health is offering a limited number of competitive, paid summer internships for four-year nursing students between their junior and senior year.
The full-time, 8-week summer internship program allows training in specialized areas, such as the emergency room, operating room, intensive care, NICU, pediatrics and telemetry.
The internship will start on Monday June 2, 2014 and will continue through July 26, 2014. Interns will follow their preceptor’s schedule.
- Completion of an application (click here to download the application)
- Cover letter, including goals and objectives
- Two letters of recommendation (of which at least one must be from one of your clinical instructors)
- College transcripts: must have a 3.5 or greater for all nursing courses and a 3 or greater for all non-nursing courses
- Documentation of enrollment in a university class (internship, etc.) for the time covering the summer internship
- A current contract between Catholic Health and your school. If your school currently has nursing clinicals at Catholic Health sites, a contract is in place. If your school does not have Catholic Health clinical rotations, please contact your clinical advisor.
- Nursing students in programs outside of New York State: Board of Regents permission to operate in New York State is required, per Section 224 of the Education Law that prohibits out of state colleges and universities from transacting business in New York without Regents permission. In addition, Section 6908 of the Education Law restricts the practice of nursing to licensed persons or students enrolled in educational programs approved and registered by the State Education Department through the action of the Office of the Professions.
All components of applications must be delivered to Janet Spence, Manager, Clinical Education. Applications will be accepted from January 7, 2014 through February 14, 2014.
Appletree Business Park, Ste 8A
2875 Union Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
The applicant’s material will be reviewed. Those which meet criteria will be forwarded to Human Resources.
Selected candidates will be contacted and interviewed for the summer internship positions. Selected candidates of those interviewed will be offered internships.
For information about our nursing education programs, please contact Janet Spence at JS8477@chsbuffalo.org or at (716) 706-2576).