September 28: Fifth Annual Cardiovascular Symposium
|Date||Saturday, September 28, 2013|
|Time||7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
$15 for Catholic Health Associates
Due by September 20, 2013
This program is open to physicians, mid-level practitioners, intensive care nurses, and all personnel involved in the care of cardiovascular patients.
Learn about the latest advancements in Congestive Heart Failure from the area’s leaders in Cardiology, Nephrology, Electrophysiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery and General Medicine.
Topics to Include:
- Antiplatelet Therapy
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Congestive Heart Failure
Planned for six hours AOA Category 1 A Credit, co-sponsored by the WNY Osteopathic Society.
The cost to attend is $50 ($15 for Catholic Health associates).
Registration is due by September 20, 2013.
- 7:15 - 7:30 a.m. - Welcome and Introductions, Joseph Gelormini, MD, FACC, Medical Director, Cardiovascular Service Line, Catholic Health
- 7:30 - 8:00 a.m. - Antiplatlet Therapy in Coronary Artery Disease: Where We’ve Been and Where Are We Going, Salvatore Calandra, MD, Director of Interventional Cardiology, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. - Coronary Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO’S), Henry Meltser, MD, Cardiologist, Catholic Health
- 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - Coronary Anomalies, John Bell-Thomson, MD, MBA, Chairman, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- 9:00 - 9:15 a.m. - Panel Discussion with Speakers
- 9:15 - 9:30 a.m. - Break
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. - CDM Focusing on CHF, Bruce Naughton, MD, Director, Palliative Medicine, Catholic Health Home Care and Mercy Hospital
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. - Heart Failure Guidelines-Get with It!, Aravind Herle, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, SUNY, Buffalo School of Medicine, Chief of Cardiology, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- 10:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Future of Cardiac Healthcare, Thomas Degrave, DO, Chairman of the Board Catholic Medical Partners, Regional Primary Care Lead
- 11:00 - 11:15 p.m. - Panel Discussion with Speakers
- 11:15 - 12:00 p.m. - Lunch
- 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. - Keynote Address: Collaborative Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Care: Focusing on Earlier Diagnosis and the Role of Combination Therapy, Sean Studer, MD, MSC, Driector of Lung Transplantation and Pulmonary Hypertension, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- 1:00 - 1:15 p.m. - Panel Discussion with Speakers
- 1:15 - 1:45 p.m. - Peripheral Vascular Disease, Michael Banas, MD, Cardiologist, Buffalo Heart Group
- 1:45 - 2:15 p.m. - Cardiorenal Syndrome, Kristen Matteson, DO
- 2:15 - 2:45 p.m. - Heart Failure Management Devices, Robbie Wall, DO, Electrophysiologist, Cardiology Group of Western New York
- 2:45 - 3:00 p.m. - Panel Discussion with Speakers
- 3:00 - 3:15 p.m. - Closing
Registration is due by September 20. Download the Registration Form.