Catholic Health Sponsors Heart Fair
January 22, 2010
Do something healthy for your heart during Heart Month by attending the Catholic Health Heart Fair on Saturday, February 27, 2010 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mercy Hospital, located at 565 Abbott Road in Buffalo.
All are invited to attend the Heart Fair, which will include a free “Heart Risk Assessment” and valuable health information to reduce the risk of heart disease. The Heart Risk Assessment includes a free cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, pulse and blood pressure check, body fat analysis, and ejection fraction (EF) ECHO reading.
In addition to free screenings, the Heart Fair will also feature:
- Information on the various rehabilitation programs available for heart patients, presented by a representative from Catholic Health’s AthletiCare and Cardiac Rehab
- A review of the Heart Strong rehabilitation program
- Emergency (911) information for chest pain, CPR and heart rhythm screening, presented by Paramedics from Rural Metro Ambulance
- Tips on heart healthy eating, provided by registered dieticians from Catholic Health
- An opportunity to ask questions of Mercy Hospital’s Pharmacy Department regarding cardiac medications
- A presentation by UB School of Dental Medicine that will show you how dental health can affect your heart
- Information on sleep apnea and how it relates to your heart, presented by the Mercy Hospital sleep lab
The Heart Fair is sponsored by the Catholic Health Heart Center at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo.
All screenings and activities are free.
For more information, call Catholic Health’s HealthConnection at 706-2112.