Catholic Health Sponsors Valentine’s Day Heart Fair
January 23, 2009
Do something healthy for your heart this Valentine’s Day by attending the Catholic Health Heart Fair on Saturday, February 14 from 8 a.m. to 12 noon at St. Joseph Hospital, located at 2605 Harlem Road in Cheektowaga.
All are invited to attend the Heart Fair, which will include a free “Heart Risk Assessment” and valuable health information to reduce the risk of heart disease. The Heart Risk Assessment includes a free cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, pulse and blood pressure check, body fat analysis, and ejection fraction (EF) ECHO reading.
In addition to the free screenings, the Heart Fair will also feature:
- Dr. Russell Carlson, Director of Wellness for Catholic Health, will present two free heart health education programs on “Cardiac Medications” from 10 a.m. – 12 noon.
- Representative from Catholic Health’s AthletiCare and Cardiac Rehab will provide information on various rehabilitation programs available for heart patients.
- Paramedics from Rural Metro Ambulance will provide emergency 911 information for chest pain and CPR.
- Registered Dieticians from Catholic Health will provide information on heart healthy eating.
- St. Joseph Hospital’s Pharmacy Department will answer any questions regarding cardiac medications.
The Heart Fair is sponsored by Catholic Health Cardiac Services. All screenings and activities are free. For more information, call Catholic Health’s HealthConnection at 706-2112.