St. Francis of Williamsville Hosts Community Wellness Fair and Open House
October 30, 2008
St. Francis of Williamsville, a Residential Health & Subacute Care Facility of Catholic Health, located at 147 Reist St. in Williamsville, will be hosting a Community Open House & Wellness Fair on Thursday, November 13, from 2 – 6 p.m. Area residents are invited to participate in free health screenings and seminars on a variety of topics including:
- Heart Strong – Subacute, education and support services for those with chronic cardiac conditions or following cardiac surgery
- The Knee to Be – Seminar on the recovery and rehab following a knee or hip replacement
- SAFE – Fall and injury prevention program
- Swallowing Disorders – Information on managing a swallowing condition
- Arthritis – Services to manage arthritis
- Health Care Proxy – Information on appointing a proxy to make health care decisions
Orthopedic specialist, Keith Stube, M.D., will also present a free program from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. on arthroscopic surgical options to help keep active seniors healthy and moving. Free blood pressure and body composition screenings will be offered, along with raffles, door prizes and refreshments. Flu shots will also be available for $30 or free with most major health insurances. Interested individuals are asked to check with their health insurance carriers for flu shot coverage information.
Residents from throughout the community are welcome to attend the Wellness Fair and Open House. Staff will be on hand to answer questions and offer tours of St. Francis Williamsville’s Subacute Care facility providing short term, inpatient rehabilitation following an illness or injury. Free parking will be available in the St. Francis parking lot with complimentary shuttle service to the main entrance. For more information, contact St. Francis of Williamsville at 633-5400, ext. 202.